What are my responsibilities when purchasing home insurance?
There are some general responsibilities involved in having insurance coverage:
- Being completely honest in your application (if you aren't, it can void your insurance coverage)
- Knowing your obligations under your policy (it's best to discuss this with your Service Specialist before you ever need to make a claim, so you avoid any surprises)
- Paying the premiums (if you don't, your coverage can be cancelled, with notice)
- Notifying your insurer of any changes to your property (renovations, etc.)
- Preventing or reducing the chance of further damage, keeping in mind that safety comes first