Does home insurance cover my liability in terms of boats, golf carts, or other similar recreational equipment?
It covers losses arising from ownership or non-business use of:*
- Trailers (except if attached to a vehicle)
- Small boats (16 hp outboard, 50hp)
- Sailboats up to 26'
- Golf carts on a golf course or in a gated retirement community in Canada
- Self-propelled lawnmowers, snowblowers, garden tractors (25hp max) used mainly on your own property
- Motorized wheelchairs (two wheels or more, for disabled persons)
*Not applicable in Quebec. Please contact us at 1.833.235.2136 if you have questions about coverage in Quebec.